Framework comprises support programs, processes, code libraries etc to help develop and glue together the different components in a project.
Physically, Frame work is nothing but a collection of folder structure and placing all files into corresponding folders.
Problems with Record/Playback Process:-
A general conception about automation tools is that they can be used easily by using their record and playback feature. The process followed in record and playback (also called as Capture/Replay) approach is:-
- Record the user actions using the capture/record feature of the automation testing tool.
- It results in an auto generated script.
- Complete the test cases by adding verification points in the script.
- Add delay and wait state points where the different actions need to be synchronized.
- Playback the scripts and log the results in a test management tool.
The above process results in following issues:-
- The script contains hard coded values which must be changed every time there is some change in the Application.
- The scripts are not reliable. Even if the application does not change, the scripts often fail on replay because of unhandled scenarios which were not recorded.
- If the tester makes an error entering data, etc., the test must be re-recorded
- If the application changes the test must be re-recorded.
- This method turns out to be costly (time consuming) in long run.